Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sunday Morning


My trip today begins at 11:30. So, I woke at 5am to see if I could get some herring for use during the dropping tide. I caught 60 of these Striper delicacies before 6am. Guess it took about 35 minutes using a Sabiki Rig. Blueback Herring, as pictured, make great bait. These Bluebacks can grow to be 10 or 11" but the ones I was catching today were between 3 and 6".

When I got back to the dock I was pretty happy with myself and I realized my bait pump wasn't working. That burst my bubble. It was just a bad connection so fixing that didn't take but 20 minutes. Still, this reminded me that making a fishing trip run smoothly is unlikely and hard to do.

Looking ahead to next week, the only day with no clients is next Sunday. Half of the clients are repeats and I am excited to see some old friends. I have two trips that are just single men, and several that are fathers and their kids. Looking forward to every trip.

2 comments:

Patrick Ewing said...

I knew you were up at 5:00. You called me at 5:18 on your cell!

Mr. W said...

I am a terrible butt caller.