Sunday, July 26, 2009

Good Morning


We had another really good morning. We started early, which I always like, at 5am. We went in search of herring and we soon found them. As we were working on the bait, the fog rolled in. There were also showers to the west. This was a morning when my electronics were worth their weight in gold. At the same time we could check the doplar radar vie satellite feed, find the herring beneath us with the sonar, and monitor boat traffic nearby in the fog with the radar. I was actually psyched their was fog and weather because it kept boat traffic down on a Sunday.

We had an excellent morning again on the strength of the bait. There were others fishing around us both yesterday and today and I never saw them boat a fish. We, on the other hand, caught many. We took 4 home as you can see from the dock shot. The other picture of Sam and Jayson was a double header that was released.I have heard of some fish being caught in Boothbay Harbor, specifically Linekin Bay. I have seen precious few signs of fish here myself. The weather is gray, rainy, and cold again so I doubt it will get much better soon. So, for the meantime we will spend most of our time fishing west of us in the Kennebec and Sheepscot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

shhh...don't give away too many guide secrets...lol
happy fishing Dan!!!