Wednesday, July 15, 2009

July 15- My anniversary


Fished twice today.

My morning began at 5am when I met Greg and Tristan Black from Camden, Maine and their friends Andy and Ivan. The Blacks have fished with me several times before. We had a beautiful morning with calm seas and blue skies. We started catching Stripers at the end of the outgoing tide. Then, it was the tiny herring that did the trick. Earlier in the morning we had spent some extra time getting these Striper delicacies and we used every one of them. In the end, the dead herring fished just as well as the live ones when drifted.

Tristan had to release the one above as it was just beyond Maine's slot limit. But, they caught their limit with one fish per person including me.

The afternoon trip featured a family from North Carolina. They caught their Stripers on a mud flat in 2 to 3 feet of water. They also caught a couple of Catfish. Tobacco,cattle, and chicken farmers by trade, this family was brand new to salt water fishing. Ashton, pictured below caught the biggest fish of her life with me today.

Didn't hear a thing today about Tuna. Spoke a bit with Captain Peter Fallon and he reports some Stripers in the Kennebec. Tomorrow, I am back at it with some repeat customers. Hopefully, I will keep taking pics with the cell phone and keep this blog going.

No comments: