Saturday, August 15, 2009

Reports


Striper fishing has been up and down like a yo yo. Very hard to predict too. I have had terrific and slow trips on the same day and on consecutive days going to the same places. I have heard the same reports from other captains from Bath to Boothbay. Two more trips today and tomorrow I will take a day off so my wife can get some help with our kids and I can have a break from the water.

Tuna fishing is happening but the schoolies, footballs, little ones, etc, don't seem to be around yet. One Tuna Fisherman/Lobsterman I know reported Tuna up in close chasing something that looked like a Bally Hoo(how do you spell that?) right out of the water. He just watched the 400lb tunas helplessly as his bait was well below the surface.

In the picture above you can see one of Colin's Tuna's that was loaded into this truck immediately after returning to shore.

No comments: