Sunday, August 30, 2009

Back to Being a Schlubby Librarian


I have not posted here in a week. Not sure why really. There has been plenty of good fishing to talk about. Skipped going out in hurricane Danny yesterday which was good. But, I have been quite busy to. I am back to being a school teacher tomorrow. I took one day last week and spent some time in school trying to prepare. I am not really as ready for students as I would like. Fortunately, my new assistant, Lauren Harkins, has also been in to school to help us get set up.

My last two trips have been with Captain Ben Polk pictured above. Ben captains a 56' boat down in South Carolina. He is getting married here in Boothbay tomorrow. I really enjoyed my time with Captain Ben and his crew. I would love to have a chance to fish with him down in South Carolina someday. He and his new in-laws went fishing on Friday and did real well. Today, his father and two best friends, also went out with me and did great. We caught double figures in fish both days and that is always good. You can see a picture of a double hook up we had below. Of course, the shot is from my cell phone and I had to get my finger in the picture too.

No comments: