Sunday, September 27, 2009

Yesterday

I fished yesterday with my friend Adam Harkins. The Macs were a bit slow out by the tip of Southport but eventually we got plenty of them. The weather was brisk to say the least. We had a hard frost the night before and cruising was tough. Wind chill had to be well below freezing. Long after getting off the water both Adam and I still felt the chill.

We fished from the mouth of the Sasonoa to Morse Cove on the Kennebec. No luck at all. Checked in with several other charter boats and they all had the same lame report. Hopefully, it was just one of those days. But, I am afraid that this year's bite might be over. We shall see... I was scheduled today to take a couple of students out but it rained. Hopefully, we will go out tomorrow after school. If we do go, we will be fishing the incoming tide. Tomorrow might be the day I admit my season is all over.

A few weeks ago I had the chance to fish with my friend and fellow guide, Peter Fallon. Check out his blog entry of the trip. Getting experiences fishing with my fellow guides are priceless. Peter is a super hard working guide. He must be in much better shape from polling his new boat around. You can see his sweet ride below. Someday I want to own a flats boat too. My boat could be poled around but conditions would have to be perfect for it to work with my T-Top heavy boat.



One last piece of information. Ben Polk of Jabez Charters just texted. Evidently the bite is on big time off the coast of South Carolina. Polk boated 13 White Marlin while other boats reported catching in the 20s and one boat took 41 White Marlin. I can not imagine that bite. But, if you have time and the opportunity SC sounds really hot right now.

1 comment:

Capt. George Harris said...

hey Dan,

Forrest F. reported a hot bite upriver at lines I. yesterday morning...dont give it up yet!!!