Sunday, September 20, 2009

Fishing Deep


The fish above were caught in between 25' and 40' of water on the Kennebec River over this past weekend. The weather was real nice but breezy. The lower temps make cruising along in my open boat a bit chilly. The Macs have been ok but not nearly as abundant as I would like. We have been getting some real nice tinkers mixed in with larger Macs. Most of the bait has been caught around the Cucholds Lighthouse.

Got some custom made Rods from OC Polk. They proved to be perfect for the fishing we did. I am hoping that I can order some more of these rods for next season. I am hoping to buy all new gear for next year. If anyone has any suggestions feel free to let me know.

The picture below was taken yesterday from Damariscove Island. Mark Piccerelli is the guy you can see clearly. Later that day Mark grilled up some Striped Bass that was absolutely terrific. One of the finest fish eating experiences I have ever had.

No comments: