Monday, June 10, 2013

The Season Begins

My fishing season got underway this past weekend. On Saturday morning David Nelson of Akron Ohio called to see if I was crazy enough to take his son,wife, and four business associates from China out that day.  I say crazy because at that time the weather forecast looked bleak with heavy rains and winds.   However, they were really fired up to go so I agreed.   As luck would have it, by the time we started at 2:45 the weather had cleared, the wind had died and we were looking good.  Below is Susan Nelson with her personal best fish.  In total, the boat caught into the double figures that day. 3 out of the 4 non English speakers from China also caught their first fish of their lives.


The next day I took my friend Rob Carbone in the early morning(4:30) and then my uncle Bill at around 8am.  Below is a picture of rob with a typical Kennebec Schoolie.   We seem to be catching these with Gummies, Ronz, and Diamond Jigs.  Good times.  No bait is permitted until July 1 in the Kennebec Watershed.  Everybody caught fish on this day including me!

I am optimistic about this year's season.   We seem to be getting fish of different sizes and at times they are showing themselves under birds.  We got several fish off top water lures this past weekend! If you have any questions just shoot me an email and I will do my best to answer.

No comments: