Sunday, June 16, 2013

June 16

Last day of school tomorrow. I got no problem with that.  Since last week, I've been out fishing twice.

  Here is the fishing situation as I know it right now.  The Kennebec River is fishing very well at certain tides and also in the early morning.  There are lots of fish, mostly schoolies, and they can be had on the surface if the conditions are right. Special Regulations prohibit bait fishing in the river until July 1.

Today, I fished the beach, going around the no bait zone.  You can see a few pics below.  Everybody caught a fish today which is always nice.  The fish ranged in size from 22" to 35".  Prior to Striper catching we killed the Macs in a choppy sea by the Cuckolds Light.

What else is there?  Dan Stevens (The Blackjack) reports consistent action offshore jigging the bottom. Squid have been reported in East Boothbay but I have not seen any myself yet.   I caught Macs this weekend at Spruce Pt and in the harbor as well.  There seemed to be a great amount of herring in the harbor.  You can see the herring dimpling in the early morning before the wind comes up.  You can also see the herring on the finder.
Tomorrow at 2:30, I get to take a break from teaching.

No comments: