Thursday, June 26, 2014

June 26


The boy and I decided to fish for Stripers today after my clients canceled and the US soccer team lost to Germany.  We caught lot's of fish, at first using jigs and then casting plastics.  It's the first time I can recall that the boy was able to cast for and catch a fish.  He is growing up. He caught two that way.



I have not fished the river in over a week but I had been getting good reports.  We caught fish both on the bottom and the top.  In the next few days the early morning out going tide should be good.  

Last weekend I fished the beach.  It was slow city.  Bait was everywhere and sitting comfortable by the shore and rocks.  You should see bait like that take evasive action every now and again but nothin was happening.  So we went just offshore and caught several cod and many other bottom species.  Chuck brought this keeper home.

The Mackerel have not been great.  Hopefully that situation improves.  The boy and I will make an effort on Saturday after my  morning trip to catch  Macs.    We shall see then.

No comments: