Thursday, June 11, 2009

Fishing Report


There are fish here! Tonight, while listening to the Yankees lose again to the Red Sox, Adam Harkins and I caught about 100 Mackeral in maybe 30 minutes. You can see a little Mac Action in the video below. My favorite part of the video is the view of the fish finder loaded with Macs.

There are Stripers here too. Most of them are up river though I did get a reliable report of some fish on the beach to the West. Tonight, I also caught two keeper lobsters and this female lobster pictured above with eggs.

My fishing trip on the 40F/V Ella and Sadie over the Weekend for Rob Carbone's bachelor party was a blast. The fishing was not great but we did catch a variety of fish and enjoyed the comfort that boat provides for off shore fishing. Unfortunately, we did have one guy who got sea sick so we decided to head in early. However, I know the ground fishing is excellent if you are willing to put in the time and head down to the northern edge of Jeffrey's Bank.

No comments: