Tuesday, April 28, 2009

long over due


The boat has been sitting here on this dock for two weeks. Its running great. Unfortunately, we have had only a few chances to get out on it. But, nearly everyday I walk by it with my boy. Seeing it resting in front of this lobster pound makes me feel really good. The pound, as you can see is covered in lobster traps. The dock, at which the boat sits, is my dear friend Rob Carbone's parents house. I love living here on Southport and being a part of it. We are super lucky to have this boat, the business, my job, each other, my good fortune goes on and on.

Of course we would be remiss to not mention here that none of these dreams come true would be possible without the support of our parents, both natural and in-laws. On this mother's day its easy to remember why we owe our mothers so much.


Anyway, the Stripers are definitely in southern Maine now. I have heard from several captains in the York area all the way up to the Saco River that fish are being caught. This means it would be possible that migrating fish might reach the Kennebec by Memorial Day weekend.

No comments: