Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Fishing Situation

   

   An update is way over due.  And, you would think, with all the good fishing to talk about I'd have updated sooner.  But, then again, I am so slack when it comes to this internet thingamabob.  Kind of ironic considering my day job.
      Anyway, today, I actually walked across Boothbay Harbor on Mackerel!  I'm serious.  There are so many.  Last week several times, I chummed in the Macs from my dock and got the day's bait without untying the boat.  I have never had it so good!
       Even better than the bait situation is the Striper fishing right now. If you had a boat, but did not know the river, a good strategy might be to look for birds.  Its not uncommon this year to find busting Stripers in both expected and unexpected spots.  So far, the fish are on the smaller size.  We have caught only 2 28"fish and our smallest fish is about 9".  We have had terrific light tackle action.  To catch them we have been using diamond jigs, ronz, zipsters, poppers, and live and chunked Macs.  The Macs, by the way, are on the smaller size which is nice.
   

No comments: