Tuesday, December 22, 2009

fish are in my future

Tonight, my wife, my dear friend Ralph, and I met with a potential brain surgeon for my wife's Acoustic Nueroma. The doctor raised no red flags with any of us and was pateint and took the time to educate us all, so even if the surgeon tomorrow is lame we feel good about moving forward. No word yet on when surgery might be, hearing loss is basically a given, but Gayle has a real good chance of avoiding other side effects from surgery.

Also, tonight my girl's basketball team lost a close game to Georges Valley, a rival school, located a couple peninsula's down east of us. My heart goes out to my players and their coaches. I know they are bummed but I hear from good sources that there was no lack of effort. We will play this team again at Georges Valley on January 25th. We will have to beat them on their court and I think we will.

A piece of fishing news related to Gayle's. We are going fishing on Sunday. Today, the doctor encouraged us to go on our vacation to celebrate my 40th birthday. We leave for San Jose, Costa Rica on Friday, after Christmas with Gayle's family. On Saturday we head to Manuel Antonio or right outside of the national park. Finally, on Sunday my wife and I will go inshore fishing with a guy named Jeffrey Zapata in his panga. Hopefully we will have some luck down there and I can post a picture or two. In any case, it will be wonderful just to have the opportunity to travel.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update Dan! Happy 40th birthday and have a wonderful time on vacation! -Meghan Darlinton