Monday, August 24, 2009

Waves


I pulled the boat out of the water on Friday after my trip for peace of mind. Hurricane Bill was coming and I had to take a few days off for a bachelor party and leave town. I have done a bit of work to it and hopefully Gayle and I will get it back in the water this afternoon. My next scheduled trip is Wednesday but because the weather looks so good tomorrow, I may try to convince long time client Chuck Stees to go.


Here is a link
to some video of the waves made by the Hurricane. The video is shot out at Ocean Point by my friend Jonne Trees of our local public access station. The Hurricane hit Nova Scotia so points facing North East got hit the worst. Check this article from the New York Times about a death caused by a rogue wave up at Acadia National Park. The picture above was taken by the NYT in Cape Elizabeth Maine.

Now, I am on my way to the shower. Going in to school right now for the first time of the summer. Big Time Ouch. Just what I wanted to do with my day off.

No comments: