Monday, June 17, 2019

Fishing Report 6/16

       

           Before my trip in the early morning(4:30 am) on Saturday I tried to Mackerel fish in Boothbay Harbor.  I covered some territory and spent about an hour and caught 2 Macs.  On Fathers Day my family humored me and went Mackerel fishing with me.  We spent another hour on Macs and caught 0.  I am sure there must be pockets of Macs in the Harbor but they seemed few and far in between.  
             At 7am on Saturday I took my clients over to the Kennebec River to fish for Stripers.  We had an incoming tide and special restrictions prohibiting the use of bait and lures with two treble hooks.   We had a really good time.  This trip was the clients' first guided experience and they were terrific and game for anything. The fish were caught pitching Albie Snax where Stripers lay in ambush positions.  Other Stripers were caught jigging the bottom.
             I would describe the Striper fishing in the Kennebec Region as meh. I spoke to a few other guides that day and they reported slow going.  It was a beautiful day and as all fisherman know those are sometimes not the fishiest days.  So hopefully the fishing will get better soon.  That said, I am optimistic about the upcoming outgoing tides I will get to fish midweek.   If you don't see a fishing report soon just feel free to reach out to me if you need information on the fishing. 

                               

No comments: