Thursday, June 28, 2018

Fishing Report

      There seems to be Striped Bass all over the place.  For the first time in years it seems as though someone with shoreline access can find a few schoolies to play with just about anywhere along the Maine Coast.  In Boothbay Harbor, in early June at night, one would commonly find Squid slowly pulsing under any powerful dock light.  Now under those lights it's common to find Calamari-Eating-Stripers. 
      Still, while there are fish in Boothbay we are still choosing to head to the Kennebec River.  The moving water, structure, and amount of fish will likely out-produce the Boothbay Area even minus the run time.  Yesterday I took The Boy and his friend Noah fishing for 2 hours and that counts the run.  You can see a video of Noah describing the fishing below.  We are getting solid numbers for fish caught and our best in terms of size this year is 30" so far.  I am sure that will change in the next week as the bait prohibition eases in the Kennebec Watershed.


On a different note I took the family to see the Boothbay Harbor Windjammer Fireworks last night by boat.  I love fishing and watching these fireworks by boat is comparable.  I can not tell you how cool it is to get right underneath awesome exploding pyrotechnics.   Check out the video below to get a little of the flavor.  For the July 4th fireworks a longtime client has already hired me.  Hopefully, I will be able to get my family on someone else's boat.  


No comments: