Thursday, May 21, 2009

Fishing Report

Memorial Day has arrived. I have no clients and its just as well. My friend and fellow guide, Peter Fallon reports that while the Kennebec is filled with bait and the water temp is up, the fish just aren't there yet.

But, I believe the fish will show anytime now. Saco Bay Tackle, a tackle store just south of here, reports strong fishing both inshore and off. With luck I will get on the river sometime in the next week or so.

Unfortunately and fortunately, I have many things happening on land that will keep me off the Kennebec. However, I have good connections and so I will be able to keep everyone updated as to the quality of fishing in the midcoast.

Check out the cool shot of my friend and fellow guide Colin Yentsch with a warm water lobster he caught down in the Bahamas.



No comments: