Sunday, March 29, 2009

Some News

Soon there will be more fishing to talk about. Next week the fresh water fishing season opens here in Maine. I will be traveling to Providence RI to visit friends and family. While there I will check out the New England SaltWater Fishing Show.

Sometime this week the boat will lose its cover. Hopefully, we can begin soon, the building of the dry box and repositioning of the radios overhead. We have had a few moments in the past week when I thought it would be cool to have the boat in the water. My goal right now is to have the boat in by Fishermen's Festival which would be the weekend of April 24-26. The dry box will house the two way radio as well as a new XM compatible radio. Really looking forward to listening to baseball games or whatever while out on the water.

Fishermen's Festival is a local tradition dating back beyond my memory. There are some pretty interesting and unique events including trap hauling and crate running contests, a codfish relay, the Miss Shrimp Pageant, tug of war, pancake breakfasts, and the telling of tall tales. For me, its a time to get together with friends returning to Boothbay.

As the season gets closer, this blog will get more and more active. In fact, I plan to podcast in addition to the blog. You will be able to listen here and of course on this blog as well. You will also be able to subscribe to the podcast with Itunes to listen on your mp3 player or wherever. I hope to make these podcasts with my laptop, Skype, and a microphone attached to my Ipod. Here are some of the people and topics I plan to podcast with and about beginning in May.

1. Fishing reports from charter captains across Maine
As treasurer of the Maine Association of Charter Boat Captains I have access to captains across the state.

2. Nikki Tibbets ad Emily Spoffard
These two ladies are currently juniors at Boothbay Region Highschool. They both have their own boats and lobster licenses and are part of families who have been fishing here for almost 200 years.

3. Colin Yentcsh
A professional fishermen, Collin just recently returned from working on a sportfishing boat down in the Bahamas. His time in the Carribean sounds like ESPN on Sunday morning.

4. Adam Harkins
We are going to podcast with Adam on the water. Currently, Adam works for MSRC, but he cut his teeth on the back of lobster boats sterning and gill netting. He and I will head out to catch bugs together with our fleet of kids.

5. Matt and Mark Piccerelli
Fishing reports from Rhode Island. Matt is a captain and his brother Mark is a part owner of a 30' sport fishing boat with twin Verados.

6. Clients(You Maybe?)
Perhaps some of my clients will want to get in on the podcasting and help me report about our time on the water.


7. If anybody else has any ideas or requests feel free to leave a comment or email me. Thanks.

The last piece of news is that the boy(Evan) has begun to crawl!


No comments: